Sublimation ink is a type of ink used primarily in digital printing applications. It is a specially formulated ink designed to be used with special sublimation printing processes. Sublimation inks are designed to turn from a solid to a gas when heated and then back to a solid when cooled. This process allows for the ink to permanently bond to a wide variety of substrates such as ceramics, metals, fabrics and plastics. The ink is then transferred to the substrate through a heat press, which applies a combination of heat and pressure to the substrate and ink.
1. Economical solution for creating a wide range of products, from apparel to mugs and other custom items.
2. Water-resistant and extremely durable, meaning it won't fade or smudge over time.
3. Wide color gamut, allowing for vibrant colors that won't lose their intensity.
4. Dries quickly and does not require any additional post-processing.
5. Environmentally friendly, as it does not contain any harmful chemicals or solvents.
From Print-Rite printing ink manufacturers, Printer ink is used in standard inkjet and laser printers and is made up of liquid ink in cartridges that is applied to paper as it passes through the printer. Sublimation ink is a special type of ink used in printers specifically designed for sublimation printing. It is a solid ink that is heated and vaporized, turning it into a gas. The gas is then transferred onto the paper or other substrate. Sublimation ink is designed to provide vibrant, high-quality prints that are resistant to fading and smudging.